(French) Percy Cerutty Training Footage / Statements -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: (French) Percy Cerutty Training Footage / Statements
A 05-08-20 03:42 PM - Post#897792    

• Gunny72 Said:

He always told me that one of the reasons why they migrated to Australia was because they were amazed at how well Australia would perform at the Olympics & Sport in general with a relatively small population. Back in the 1950's, Australia's population was about 7 million.

Most Brits of my generation dreamed of a 'gap year' in Oz before University - we had teenage fantasies of racking up the bucks shearing sheep, then a few months with these things called "Sheilas", "Barbies" and "Beaches" which were not much known in the UK ;-). And, an amazing sporting scene

I did not go out of the genuine fear that I might just stay and not return to my place at university. Bitterly regret it. I still feel that Australians are what Brits would become if we relaxed a bit and had a decent climate.

The Kiwis are even more scary per head of population though. Peter Snell, John Walker, the All Blacks...

Edited by Old Miler on 05-08-20 03:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy