DMPM Sticky -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: DMPM Sticky
A 04-21-20 11:59 AM - Post#897136    

This is an oldie, but reporting back on a client that has taken to these with gusto since lockdown.

If I am honest, my suggestion with this started out as somewhat of a throw away comment about burpees and KB work....he was a little sceptical, but a few weeks in and he is sceptical no longer.

He admits to not being able to do 10-1 to start with. He started with 8-1....then 9-1....and now 10-1.

We are planning to stick with the 10 sets, but make it 11-2. This is due to a lack of KB's.

Variations for interest and to ensure he sticks with this and doesn't programme hop (more time at home can lead to more surfing the net and longing for 'the next' and obviously best programme): 

1).
He has also tried Swings instead of Goat bags, but he feels far more in control with the goat bags (once he learned how to do them properly).

2).
Two arm presses (holding the KB in both hands) instead of pushups.

3).
Goblet squats and a curl at the bottom every 2nd rep. 

On the whole, he has just stuck to the original and usually tried to do it 3-4x a week. 

Now that he has managed 10-1, he plans to stick with 10-1 for at least 3-4 sessions OR running through each of the variations I outlined....and then moving to 11-2.

Just feeding back incase others were looking for lockdown ideas.

Stay safe 

Richard 
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy