This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: DMPM Sticky
A 04-20-20 03:03 PM - Post#897100    

• NJRick Said:
  • DanMartin Said:
  • NJRick Said:
Great thread!

To clarify is the DMPM...

A. A program minimum that is intended to give individuals a certain level of strength and mobility, with a point of diminishing returns after a certain level (more than 32kg for example).

B. A program minimum that gives individuals a necessary amount of strength and mobility, but also one that can be progressed(say 40kg and beyond for example) and used to make incremental strength gains over the long haul in a park bench style, sort of like easy strength.

C. Something else and I'm missing the point, being too dualistic, or overthinking...

Thank you all!

To me, and I'm biased, you get it. The DMPM is a great way to do something that will provide the most bang for the buck.

You could do more, but not too often.

Thank you, sir! Are you implying that both A and B are correct? This beautiful program can be done as a program minimum but is also a solid program to be done "heavy"?

Sometimes I just don't feel like doing the DMPM so I trick myself into it by saying, "do the warm-up a couple times through and call it a day." I will end up doing the workout.

Most of the time I find using 24kg plenty. But, a 32kg does make it interesting. As I advance into decrepitude, a 20kg is sometimes a good choice.
Mark it Zero.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy