What’s on your list of ‘never again’ lifts? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: What’s on your list of ‘never again’ lifts?
A 03-26-20 09:15 PM - Post#896172    

-Barbell back squat - which I’ve spent most of my training life centered around. Mostly for recovery issues with going heavy on it. I just don’t care anymore.
-Weighted Pullups. I can still do solid high rep sets with body weight, but the last few times I’ve tried to weigh them down my elbow gets tender and pinky/ring finger get tingly.
-Olympic lifts (my first love) with a caveat. Not exactly a never again movement but for sure never again without a platform. Had the worst neck tweak ever catching heavy power cleans in my basement.
-TGU. They feel great for me, but when I was teaching my wife the movement I watched her almost destroy her face with a 35lb kettlebell. She saved it but jacked up her arm pretty bad. I abandoned it myself quickly after.
-flat bench press. Not for injury reasons, but my dad told me when he was in college a guy died cause he dropped the bar on his neck. Freak accident yes. But every time I get close to the mid 200’s I have mental images of my shoulder giving out or it slipping and smashing my teeth in. Not a good image to have when you’re trying to focus on a heavy lift. Pushups and it’s many variations are more than enough.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy