DMPM Sticky -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: DMPM Sticky
A 02-10-20 08:15 AM - Post#893976    

• Taranenko74 Said:
DMPM WORKS - Shoulder fixed, slowly back on track

I got physically beaten on Nov-Dec '19 due to very demanding physical construction-type-work. My lower back was exhausted and I managed to get some kind of rotator cuff -issue on my R shoulder.

Jan '20 I took some 2 weeks totally off and then started slowly getting back to training w/ DMPM.

I started very carefully: 5 GS, 3 pushup (that was all I could do having pain in shoulder), 10 swings; 3-5 rnds, 3-4 sessions per week. Plus hanging from the pull-up bar 15-30 sec x 3 sets and some kind of loaded carry every session.

After 2 weeks I switched hanging from the bar to 1-2 pullups; I mixed this with loaded carries. (30-50 m carry, 1-2 pullup, carry, pullup...)

After 4 weeks and 14 sessions I feel great! Without any pain I can do sets of 5 pullups, 10 pushup, 15 swings w/ 32kg. 4 wks ago I couldn't get my hand in vertical OH-position, 3 pushup was maximum and my lower back was stiff, sore and in constant pain.

Just wondering how easy it was! GS, pushup, pullup, swings, loaded carries makes the magic. I could've spent hundreds or thousand(s) of dollars (euros) to physios and MRIscans - and the result most likely is not so good...

My only question is should I just continue or mix in some barbell work? Perhaps some DLs and heavy-ish squat session on weekends? O-lifts are our of question for now. My shoulder can't yet handle the dynamic of OL...

Fantastic Taranenko!

Do you need to change something or is it more that you find other suff more interesting? Perhaps you have other goals?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy