Simple and Sinister Reviews -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Simple and Sinister Reviews
A 01-29-20 07:13 PM - Post#893340    

During the few weeks when Q&D was half released but hard to get hold of, not only was there some really bad PR work on their forums, there were also people commenting that they had received the book, done a single workout, and they instantly felt amazing and it was the greatest program ever.

...truth is they felt amazing because in around 30 minutes they had only done a handful of pushups and a handful of swings, taken minute after minute of rest, and been fooled into thinking this was all going to increase their mitochondria and turn them into a leopard ...when in fact they had barely even done a warmup let alone a workout.

I did the swings and pushups workout once and never will again. As mentioned in a post above, there are a thousand better ways to use a kettlebell for 20-30 minutes.

The snatch program appealed to me as I had limited time and quite fancied becoming a leopard. However rushing set after set on one side with minimal rest before switching sides and repeating seems entirely pointless and needlessly fatiguing when you could simply do 20 sets of 5 or 10 sets of 10 on the minute or at your own pace.
Log
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy