Simple and Sinister Reviews -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Simple and Sinister Reviews
A 01-29-20 02:04 PM - Post#893320    

It's not animosity, it's fatigue. It's continuing to perform Dr. Seuss, when you've graduated to Beverly Cleary and then to Mark Twain.

I understand the concept and can appreciate the simplicity of "Do This" and the end goal in mind.

But 99.9% of the people will never make Sinister. The "get stronger" is a stupid phrase. We all have a max out on strength. A lot depends on size and genetics.

If you want to achieve Simple, or do it for 3 months, fantastic. It shows commitment to stick with it and most men can achieve it. Nothing wrong with that at all

But there are diminishing returns. Same as ANY program. ROP is fantastic. Pullups, presses, swings and snatches. BUT....
Most people start getting dinged up doing it with a 32. Too much volume, especially for being under 200 lb.

I don't like the "You have to stick with this." or don't quit until you've passed the ROP. I maxed out my press at 36kg for ladders of 3. Still can't and will never press a 40kg. All time snatch number 160 in 10. Should I continue at age 51 to try and reach it knowing, I'll get hurt, or do something else? Party isn't always right.

Go to the forum sometime. Ask a question about ROTK, I will guarantee in the first 5 answers of the thread, someone will ask, "Have you achieved ROP?"

Or, if you ask a question about a particular program, someone will answer, "What are your goals?" Just answer the question about the program.

Between a version 2.0, Pavel dancing around the question about his age on the podcast, charging almost $600 for a program on breathing, the cultish attitude of the forum, people get turned off.

There are some great people there. I just don't visit often anymore because the topics, S+S, A+A, Q+D and bent presses don't interest me.

Edited by BChase on 01-29-20 02:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy