Simple and Sinister Reviews -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Simple and Sinister Reviews
A 01-28-20 08:50 AM - Post#893267    

Since this thread has resurfaced, let me throw this out... I see a lot of talk about the risk/reward of full TGUs, and I think there is wisdom there.

I have made a couple of modifications to the TGU and I think it is a lifetime exercise for me now. First, I use a lighter kettlebell (for me this means ~1/2 what I would press with) and hold it bottom's up. It becomes great for the grip, shoulder stabilizers, obliques and overall balance and if something goes wrong the worst thing that happens is the KB flops down on your forearm.

Second, at the top I stand on one leg (the side holding the weight) and hold it like a plank for 20 seconds or so before descending. This is again great for balance but moreover it really "screws me together"... the whole chain from my grip to the soles of my feet tightens into one piece. (I also hold the glute bridge like a plank on the way down, but I think that is more standard.)
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy