Is there a program that teaches you how to get off the floor? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Is there a program that teaches you how to get off the floor?
A 01-18-20 06:58 PM - Post#892855    

Thanks for this thread....more than a serendipity that this thread jumped up at me today.

My neighbor (77) who got down on the bathroom floor to check his leaking toilet couldn't get up and called for help. He said "I can't get up".

To my own surprise I turned into a drill sergeant and said 'yes you can!' He again, no I can't, I again, yes you can, put your hand by your knee, other hand by the other knee.... push , butt up, head down, push....somehow he got up.

I was totally startled and shocked..... both by his circumstance and also by my approach.

He goes to the gym sometimes (machines only, same prgm for years-I suggested he modifies it, but no) and he walks sometimes (not every day) so I never imagined it was so bad.

But as Kyle said, if the person doesn't want to change and is not willing to listen, you just need to be prepared to watch the slow suicide in progress which is terribly sad, methinks.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy