Strength per pound -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Strength per pound
A 12-03-19 08:48 AM - Post#890973    

• Jordan D Said:
  • iPood Said:
  • Chris Rice Said:
A topic not covered as often is how to keep gaining strength without increasing size or body weight. It's easy in the beginning but gets harder as one goes on.

This is what I've found that works... for me.

PttP/ES program, using a 3x3 scheme... and lots of patience.

I second this. Enthusiastically. Though I’m not sure how well it works beyond the hazy novice gains period.

It’s a troublesome question, with largely arbitrary self-imposed limitations. I can’t think of a legitimate, real life scenario where an extra 5lbs of lean muscle would hurt someone.

Ask any rock climber what 5# can mean to their climbing. Nearly any weight class athlete already near the limit of their class already carrying a few years worth of hard earned muscle who doesn't want to move up. Runners - lots of people don't want to become "any" bigger than they are but do want to be stronger. One of the most common ways to gain strength is to "eat" your way to greater strength. It's actually really hard to lift for decades and not get bigger. Especially as you get some years on you.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy