How much am I hindering myself by changing my workout frequently? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: How much am I hindering myself by changing my workout frequently?
A 12-03-19 03:16 AM - Post#890961    

• nickbroken Said:
Time to try to figure a way to mix kettlebells and barbells.

Try this: Twice a week, do a quick warmup, preferably including some shoulder rolls, then Southwood-ish training (push press, power cleans, front squats; bar starts and finishes each set on the ground, so you need to clean it at the beginning of each press or squat set; multiple sets of five). Go heavy (80% to 85%) once and medium (70%) once. Progress the intensity very slowly over a long period of time.

Do the DMPM (see sticky for details) after each session as a finisher. Also do the DMPM once a week as a standalone session. You can do it more often if you don't practice another sport.

Once a month, kill your Southwood-ish training and do deadlifts instead. If you do your deadlifts with a trap bar, through in some heavy trap bar loaded carries afterwards.

Train for three to five weeks, then do a deload week. Another version of the DMPM would be good on the basis that a change is as good as a rest. Rinse, repeat!
Check out my critical-thinking blog at sharpenyouraxe.substack.com

Edited by RupertC on 12-03-19 04:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy