Boogies MMS Log -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Boogies MMS Log
A 11-29-19 07:12 PM - Post#890862    

I haven't actually done a "workout" on my last two recharge days (yesterday was Thanksgiving.)

I do try to make sure I do something active, even if its just carrying a couple heavy things around or doing some extra walking.

I certainly didn't eat like an adult on Thanksgiving but uh, im okay with it!

Training Day 8

Today was the first day of creatine. Keeping up with both protein recommendations. Not sure if the pre-workout protein does much for me, but the night time protein Im thinking will be a keeper.

Bench Press: 175 for 5 doubles.
- I was in control of the weight but it was challenging enough, I had pretty short rests for these.

Bat Wings: 50lbs
- Stuck with the same weight and just trying to focus on getting the shoulder blades squeezed back more and more.

One-Arm Press: 50 lbs x 2-3-5 x 2.
- Didn't feel as strong as I did on the last training day, but still handled the weight.

Complex: 75/80/85/90/95
- I didn't miss any presses, so that was nice. I didn't rest long between sets as the volume was low and I was feeling good.

Squats: 185 to 50....in SEVERAL sets..
- Well.. I broke these up into mostly sets of 5. I had one set of 6, and another set of 4 (last set). I did rack the weight between sets, and rested anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. This was tough, but I enjoyed it, and its really helping improve my squat form. (The set of 6 was the 4th or 5th "set"). I understand and appreciate the lower volume in the rest of the workout.. but I'm sure that wont last!

I've been having some pinching in my hips at the bottom of the squat since I started the "to 50" workouts.. So I'm going to spend some extra time stretching the quads/hip flexors from now on.
I don't think ill be doing a set of 50 by the end of the program. But I said I was going to finish Mass Made Simple, and that is what I'll do.

Edited by Boogieman on 11-29-19 07:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy