How much am I hindering myself by changing my workout frequently? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: How much am I hindering myself by changing my workout frequently?
A 11-23-19 11:55 AM - Post#890684    

The only thing I can add is that my best gains, whether it be strength, fitness or conditioning came from stable 12-16 week blocks of following the same routine day in, day out.

Initially I would "tweak" the routine and always thinking if I added more I would get more. Well, that never worked out.

When I wanted to be brutally strong and 70's big it was three days a week lifting and three days of minimal jogging.

When it was time to be Disco ready I'd run 5-6 days a week and do some dips and chins the "off days."

Conditioning was no more than doing some sprints and dropping the dips and chins along with adding the Bill Starr "Big Three."

You will find that very few writers will suggest less as a matter of course. Rather you will find more of more and then the following month the same writer will offer reasons for even more still.

And you will just be in the same rut...
Mark it Zero.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy