Boogies MMS Log -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Boogies MMS Log
A 11-20-19 06:01 PM - Post#890578    

Day 5

Had to carry a heavy motor to an attic at work today, that may have affected my workout. Anyway, overall, it was a good session.

Bench: 165 x 2-3-5 x 3.
- Missed the last rep on the last set, paused for a second and got it. Overall, I felt strong on the bench today, and feel like im getting strong physically and through technique.

Batwings: 50 x 5s x 5
- Heavier weight felt good.

One-Arm Press: 45 x 2-3-5 x 3.
- Presses felt great today. Shoulder wasn't bothering me as much, and this was the strongest I've felt on them throughout the program.

Bird Dog: Solid and smooth.

Complex: 75 lbs x 3
- moved through these pretty fast today, but feel like 75 is still all I can do with a strict press after the upper body work.

Squats: 45 x 5, 95 x 30, 115 x 30, 135 x 15
- Made sure to rest plenty between sets. Crushed the first set of 30 in less than a minute I think, and not too much longer for the second set. 135 was clearly more of a challenge, but I still handled it well enough.

Overall, today was the best I've felt so far. I felt like I was kind of pigging out the last couple of days, maybe it was a good thing?

I posted a video of my last set of squats for some critique. I have been worried about "butt-wink" when I go deep.. After watching myself on video, I feel like my form is better when I just squat naturally and deep than when I worry about my pelvic position to much and cut my ROM.

https://youtu.be/S_qL7glwnfA

Yes, funky music fits any and all moods and situations for me.

Edited by Boogieman on 11-20-19 06:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy