Feedback on new program? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Feedback on new program?
A 11-15-19 05:38 AM - Post#890380    

Upside, yes. I'm currently using about 37% bodyweight and the A+A protocol from Al Ciampi.

https://bewellandstrong.com/blog/a-a-training/

So 8 reps in about 15 seconds then rest until fully recovered which for me takes about 70-75 seconds. I could go more than 30 sets, there's some left in the tank. But it feels about right time to stop. My m.o. is if it takes longer than 2 minutes to recover I'm either too tired or the weight is too much. And if I'm ready for the next set in under 1 minute, it's time to increase the weight. Idea is to burn off the energy stored in cells' ATP, then rest while aerobic system recharges that storage. Theory is that burn off takes 15-20 seconds and is perceivable by abrupt, slight drop off in power and explosiveness of movement.; that's that time to start rest period.

So not counting warm up, I think the 30 sets takes me 40-45 minutes. Then I do 2 minutes dead hang from pullup bar and on the breakfast!

Edited by GeoffreyLevens on 11-15-19 06:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy