Westside vs The World? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Westside vs The World?
A 11-12-19 04:30 PM - Post#890229    

• Browser Said:
My (worthless and unsolicited opinion) is that their success was much more due to getting a bunch of strong and motivated (and crazy) guys together to push each other than to any special training program.

Honestly, I believe this is true of almost every gym or sports club that's known for producing champions.

Sometimes a world-class coach is just an ordinary coach who had a world-class athlete walk in their door one day. And once one walks in and people hear about it, maybe a second one decides to walk in. And then a third. And suddenly everyone thinks you're brilliant - especially if you're good friends with a pharmacist.

I honestly believe that most strength and conditioning coaches at the top level have as much to do with the strength and conditioning of their athletes as a basketball coach has to do with the height of their players.

It's not coaching, it's recruitment.

How do you get a guy to bench 210kg? Well, first get a guy who already benches 200kg, then...
Athletic Club East
Strength in numbers

Edited by Kyle Aaron on 11-12-19 04:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy