Boogies MMS Log -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Boogies MMS Log
A 11-11-19 06:24 PM - Post#890183    

MMS post

Just starting the program, not much of a lifting background. Although a pretty extensive general training background (former pro boxer.). I spent a couple of years doing calisthenics training following my retirement from boxing. I really have enjoyed that, and will probably return to it some time, but I’d like to get stronger and build some mass.

Prior to beginning Mass Made Simple, I had been doing a very basic “park bench” workout to familiarize myself with some basic weightlifting.

Anyway, onto the program. I have to admit, I do have to make some modifications, but I’m going to do the program as closely to the way it’s written as I can. The gym at work is good for everything but the squats, as it only has a smith machine. I’m excited to allow myself to eat more. I admit, between coming from a heavyset family and being a boxer, I have had a bit of fat phobia.

So I decided to purchase a squat rack I found on Craigslist to do the workouts at home.. So I’m trying my best here. At home I’m limited by few dumbbell weights, but since Squatting seems to be the heart of the program, I figured I’d rather sacrifice overhead pressing and bat wings.

Day One: This was at the work gym, before I bought my rack. So plenty of dumbbells, but smith machine instead of rack.

Weight: 160 lbs, 5’8”

Bench Press: Worked my way up to 165 and did two sets of 5 of that. I worried it would be too much for the next workout, as I struggled with the last couple reps.

Bat Wings: 35/45/50

One Arm Press: worked up to 45

Bird Dogs: I don’t count them, i just do them for a while and try to make it as pretty as possible.

Complex: 45/65/75
- My first time doing barbell rows, as well as hang cleans. Took me a few reps to get used to cleans, so I did some extra practice with the empty barbell.

Back Squat: 30x95, even on the smith machine this was mentally taxing, I took a couple short breaks....although I felt like I recovered from it quickly when I was done.

Edited by Boogieman on 11-11-19 06:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy