40 Day workout users... -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: 40 Day workout users...
A 10-30-19 05:44 AM - Post#889674    

I gave a friend of mine the 40day workout, he did it while mountainbiking three-four times a week at a fairly high level.
This is what he had to say:

Today I officially finished Easy Strength (ES) after 43 workouts. I added some extra workouts due to 6 days off after some lower back pain. In general I liked the program, as it's never "heavy" and rarely makes you feel fatigued afterwards. ES is a bit frustrating as it takes some time to get results (people usually get results in the second half of the program) and you don't workout hard. I didn't feel much strength increase in the last five workouts.

My results are the following:
Sumo DL: I quit this exercise as bad technique hurt my back. Did squats and romanian deadlift instead, but didn't do them the "ES way".
Bench press: From 50 kg (2x5, felt light, could probably have lifted more at that time) to 70 kg (3x3, would probably have made 2x5 at 67,5 kg, didn't find the correct weights at the gym today).
Chin-ups: From half-chins bodyweight (2x5) to BW+12,5 kg (2x5).
Forward bent reverse flies w/squeeze (https://youtu.be/16ZFEUpFEv4?t=151): From 4 kg (2x5) to 8 kg (2x5).

I also improved in strength in loaded carries (Farmer's walk (FW), one-handed FW (suitcase walk), waiter's walk) and high leg raises.

SinisterAlex

Edited by SinisterAlex on 10-30-19 05:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy