Delorme questions -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Delorme questions
A 10-25-19 01:04 PM - Post#889533    

I’ve been messing around this week on the machines in my office gym. I’ve been ignoring them for over a year but it finally occurred to me this week to give them a go for something different, since I haven’t used machines for about 20 years - and the obvious way to me was to use the Delorme method, since machines make changing the load so easy.

But I can’t actually seem to find much detail online and since this forum and Dan’s blog has more Delorme info than most other places I thought I’d ask a few questions here:

How many exercises/machines should I do per session? I’m planning to keep to 2-3 days a week and repeat the same full body workout each time.

Currently doing:
Leg press
Leg extensions
Leg curls
Chest press
Pec dec
Seated row
Lat pull down
Shoulder press

Is that too many? If anything I’d drop the leg curl and extension as I’m not sure they agree with my knees.

Is there much difference between the delorme method and the Arthur Jones Nautilus stuff other than the two extra 50% and 75% sets?

Is it fine to add additional stuff after like a kettlebell complex or some swings etc (today I did the humane Burpee after) ...I like the idea of including some real movement after using the machines.

What about off days? Some swings or snatches and other light stuff?

Is there any benefit to adding any additional sets or some back off sets to add volume to a lift that is particularly weak? ...currently really struggling with the pec dec

Finally if I wasn’t using the delorme method with the machines for basic hypertrophy goals, what would be the modern alternative? Is it still just 3 sets of 10? Or do things like 5x5 or ladders work here too?
Log
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy