DMPM Sticky -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: DMPM Sticky
A 02-28-19 10:57 AM - Post#878968    

• Dan John Said:
As we come to near the publication of my next book, I am starting work on...the next.

Does this deserve an entire chapter/discussion in a book? I don't want to lose this to history.

I don't think you need to, but I'm biased. That said, the more people are exposed to all the outlandish information on the Internet and the silly Bro-Science in the gym, there is a place for the DMPM in most folks training kit.

Yesterday while I was doing the latest iteration of the DMPM, a Goblet squat to be specific, I thought to myself that doing the DMPM when I'm 75, which is only ten years away, would be a good thing.

When I posted earlier about doing the Bulgarian bag spin because my shoulder joint worked better it was done so with a sense of joy. And, it was done to show that if you hang in there (pun intended) and focus on the journey rather than the destination things may work out in your favor.

When I started hanging from the bar in November of 2017 I was anything but optimistic. It hurt, and hurt, and hurt. Supposedly, according to Dr. Kirsch, I was not causing any additional injury. It was merely adhesions tearing apart and the various bones being moved around towards their correct position. Right...it hurt like hell and for awhile it sounded like tearing canvas. In fact, it hurt so much I had to use grip hooks because my grip would let go rather than hold on.

So, in a sense, hanging from a bar and sitting in a deep squat position daily and for protracted periods of time may help offset the debilitating effects of sitting. (also known as the new smoking)

Naturally, doing anywhere from 25-50 Goblet squats two or three times a week is good. But that is not enough squatting. I will quote Dan who quoted Dan Gable, "if it's important, do it every." Dropping into a deep squat and just sitting there and moving around a bit really loosens me up. YMMV

Mark it Zero.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy