Squat Success on Even Easier Strength? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Squat Success on Even Easier Strength?
A 10-27-18 03:20 AM - Post#872705    

It's how I took my squat "sorta max" from 165 to 180kg. But my bodyweight went up, not down.

Or at least, using my version of it (3-5 lifts, using 60-80% of current "sorta max" for about 10 reps total, done 3-5 days a week for six weeks).

When we use this version of ES, a careful persual of the logs show the lifts that went nowhere or declined are those where the person was always at 60% or always at 80%; the best results come when the person uses the whole range.

If your bodyweight drops and your pullups go up, that is unsurprising. It's like saying your bench press reps went up when you dropped the bench from 225 to 215.

Deadlift is the one we often see the biggest gains on in programmes like this, simply because it's usually the first time the person has done a lot of deadlifting. Practice.

Generally speaking, unless you're obese or a noob, if you drop bodyweight then your lifts will drop or stall, too. Such is life.
Athletic Club East
Strength in numbers
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy