DMPM Sticky -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: DMPM Sticky
A 04-18-18 01:02 PM - Post#864637    

Here is another...

"Here is the original form, and take my word for it since, I am, in fact, Dan Martin.

1. Goblet Squat
2. Push-Up and/or one KB Press
3. One-KB Two-Hand Swing
4. Farmer's Walk or Suitcase Walk

A. Pec/Bicep Stretch
B. Hip Flexor Stretch

Walking, walking and more walking.

Please note that the Get-Up is not part of the DMPM. Everything that most everyone needs is covered by those exercises and movements. Like I posted before, the DMPM works especially well for those that actually do it.

You are not, by any means, overstepping. Like anyone else, I need a coach too. As luck would have it, mine is Dan John. He keeps me on-track when I veer off. Because of my on-going and continuous back problems I had to take a step back and regroup. What I did was three months of daily walking followed by the McGill Big 3 (curl-up/bird dog/side plank) and my Gumby Big 3, (Stoney Stretch/Saigon Squat/Brettzel)

After all of that, my back issues seem to be where they should be. So it was time for the bare bones basics. Kalos Sthenos Get-Up to the hips high position for a warm-up, then the Goblet Squat/Push-Up/Two-Hand Swing/TRX Row/Suitcase Walk routine. "Off" days are walking and the two "Big 3's."

My back issues were exacerbated by my obsession with trying to get better at Concept2 rowing. In a six month period I rowed over 2 million meters. That proved to be too much. Lesson learned...it's better to be prudent than foolish, particularly at 62 years of age."
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy