500 dips per day? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: 500 dips per day?
A 02-02-09 09:44 AM - Post#524154    

Juju:

As honorable as your intentions may be...I'd seriously reconsider doing this. The shoulder is a delicate joint and held in place mainly by muscle. There is a mentality out there that if 1X of a movement is good, then 10X will be that much better.

T'ain't necessarily so.

There is a fellow on the internet that hawks a bodyweight conditioning system called "The Royal Court" that has as one of its goals the daily performance of 500 full squats (Hindu squats.) He makes all kinds of outrageous claims about the benefits of this and how the knees are free from damage, etc. ad nauseum.

On a lark, (and because I'm that way) I did 510 of these styles squats one day. No real problem from this one episode...but I can see where the daily practice would result in over-use stress.
(I've read an author that vigorously disagrees with this fellow...he had actually interviewed Indian wrestlers whose knees where trashed by these style squats in excessive reps...but I digress.)

Push ups aren't the best choice for cardio...though a very useful movement.

Even water in excessive quantities can be harmful....

Wicked
"I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in."

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man comes to the Father, but by me." John 14:6
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy