Quitting Smoking: Who did and how did ya; -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Quitting Smoking: Who did and how did ya;
A 08-10-07 07:21 PM - Post#335675    

• Barney Said:
  • Steve C Said:
  • TomP Said:
Just quit! Don't buy another one. Don't stick one in your mouth. It's just a habit. That is, unless you find yourself getting up in the middle of the night for a quick fix. If you can sleep for 6-8 hours without a smoke, then why don't you go that long during the day without one? Habit.

I agree, my Dad smoked for over 35 years and simply quit 25-30 years ago, and quit cold-turkey. He gained about 10-15 pounds (ate too much for a few months, due to the need to have something to do), but then lost the weight after 1 year.

Not saying it was easy, he would be the first to say it was not.

I gained quite a bit of weight in the first six months also. Probably cuz I could finally taste my food.

I'm only just in the process of losing what I gained. Quite a bit of weight and yea a lot of it is that things really start to taste good after the first 30days.

The flip side of my great story is my dad, also a very heavy smoker quit cold turkey a year ago. Bad news is that it was only after he had a pair of heart attacks and triple bypass surgery.

No better time than right now Ron! Good Luck!
"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."
- Bruce Lee

Edited by Alpha-rettaMale on 08-10-07 07:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy