Quitting Smoking: Who did and how did ya; -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Quitting Smoking: Who did and how did ya;
A 08-10-07 03:06 PM - Post#335507    

I started smoking when I was 13 with the homies on the corner where I grew up. Nasty addiction that! The last 10 yrs of my habit I was smoking 2 packs a day, everyday. I was the proudest of smokers, "No one likes a quitter" I'd say...looking back...what an idiot!

My then 7 yr old daughter pushed me over the edge, she loved me into quitting! I quit 2 yrs ago this June. I had never tried to quit before so I went to get some help. Went to a doc who prescribed Zyban and patches, I used both for a month. I never broke a sweat, had a craving or felt ill once. It was the best experience.

I've since never once thought about going back. Things have never smelled or tasted better and I've never felt better.

-Mike
"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them."
- Bruce Lee
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy