Gironda Bench Press to Neck -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Gironda Bench Press to Neck
A 06-28-07 01:00 PM - Post#317132    

• ccrow Said:
If you are responding to my post, you are missing the point by 180 degrees.

No, I'm pretty sure I was able to grasp the point of your post. I'll say again, I believe anyone who says that the neck press is without a doubt hard on the rotator cuff is incorrect. If that were true, wouldn't I be having problems now? As I stated before, I have rotator cuff problems. If I were to try to do the flat bench press right now, I'd have pain in my shoulder. It is simply an exercise that due to injury, no longer agrees with me. I do neck presses twice a week and have no pain. How do you explain that if neck presses definitely cause rotator cuff issues? I already have a problem, yet the neck press doesn't make it worse. Potentially detrimental exercises can differ from person to person. For instance, there are people that are physically just not suited to squat. They have knee and lower back issues if they do. Does that mean everyone shouldn't squat? Of course not. I understand in your post you comparing using the neck press to cigarette smoking. A person who smokes may go years without having any problems. Just as a person who does the neck press may do it for years without shoulder issues, then one day...they do. But being I have a rotator cuff injury now but can do the neck press...to me, kind of invalidates what you're saying. It's just not going to happen to everyone. But that's not to say it couldn't either. Depends on the person.

Greg
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy