Which supplements are absolutely critical? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Which supplements are absolutely critical?
A 04-16-04 02:31 PM - Post#2023    

This tuna and water thing worries me. I eat my share of tuna... e.g. today 5 cans of tuna and 5 filets of salmon and a can of salmon have been consumed or are planned.

I consume flax oil only when I need the extra fat, e.g. I'm eating lower fat foods like tuna. If I want some O6, I eat almonds, at the expense of a couple of grams of carbs. And, don't forget that flax oil contains some O6, IIRC, 54% of it is O3, of which only 5-15% gets converted to DHA & EPA, the O3 our bodies use, while the rest of the O3 may be used for other things such as energy, etc. If you want to guarantee DHA & EPA, fish oils are the only sure thing. The average body needs about 2g of fish oil, supplying 18% EPA & 12% DHA. As I put more demands on my body than average, I consume double the amount and I take extra flax oil to round out my fat consumption.

I will put a tsp of flax oil in my evening shake before bedtime to slow down the digestive process overnight. Lately I've been eating real food instead of having a shake before bedtime and I supplement with 5g of glutamine with the real food. Tonight I will have salmon just before bed, though I just took a roast out of the freezer. If it thaws by the evening, I may replace some of the salmon I planned to have with some roast beef tonight though.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy