Diagnosing and Rehab of Back Pain -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Diagnosing and Rehab of Back Pain
A 02-11-06 08:18 AM - Post#183944    

If anybody has had similar experiences or wishes to offer serious advice...I'm all ears.

Had one of "those" back spasms this morning. Bent down (with bended knees, of course) to pick up a clothespin that one of the cats was batting around. I took a painful shot in the left lower back, just below where my lat attaches.

Drove me to my knees and forced me to become immobile...pain was very sharp, stinging and it came in waves...the type of pain that you try everything in your power to get away from...but you can't. After what seemed like an eternity (actually about 45 seconds, I'd say) the pain eased up enough to let me stand.

Starr seems to think these are generated by muscle strength imbalance between the abs and lumbars...plus a lack of stretching. I probably have both conditions in abundance. The various limb length and muscle issues from cerebral palsy don't help the matter, either.

Anyone else experience these...and what do YOU do to handle them?

I haven't had one for over nine months...thought I was doing well.

Wicked
"I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in."

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man comes to the Father, but by me." John 14:6
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy