Review: Desiccated Liver Tablets -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Review: Desiccated Liver Tablets
A 07-01-05 12:41 AM - Post#116919    

Quote:

The Judge said:
Trance,

The review was interesting but it appears like something you copied and posted. I have noticed others like this. It would be helpful to know when something is copied where it came from because there sometimes is a prejudice when a company writes up a review.

As was said in the article, putting tabs in acid in a dish is not really an accurate way of testing whether or not it is digestible but sometimes it is the best we have. I was disappointed to see Universal's didn't break down since I use them. May have to rething using them if I know where the article came from.

Thanks.

No, I actually wrote it, over a couple of weekends & late nights, using a variety of sources, and personal experience.

Of course the theoretical data can be researched from multiple sources. The Ershoff rat experiment, Gironda's writings, P-450 history, etc -- they're going to be the same, if accurately interpreted, between any writings. I was going to footnote the references I used for some of the technical data that I interpreted, but it was already getting somewhat burdened with technical jargon that I was trying to avoid. In fact, I left a lot of ancillary technical stuff out that was taking it beyond a "simple" review & history.

I didn't use any particular manufacturer's information as a source either, other than to list the ingredients claimed -- and some didn't even provide that on their websites, and I had to read it off the bottles. Of course, they will also be referencing some of the same data, most notably again Gironda's writings and feelings, in their advertisements.

My personal experience with the Uni-Liver though reflects that fact, that for me in any event, it wasn't being utilized or digested when swallowed. The tablet test did confirm what I was suspecting just based on the difference in physical feelings I associated through each 3 week period with each product. The Uni-Liver tablets were probably being completely eliminated, in original form ... but I didn't dig that far into finding that out for sure, in my own experimentation. ;)

I would be interested, for example, if you personally switched to the Nature's Life or Beverly (I think Laree sells it here) brand for 3-4 weeks, and see if it makes a difference for you, since you're not chewing the Uni-Liver tablets either.

I'm going to have to try chewing them next to see what difference it makes, but I haven't talked myself into that just yet ...

Trance
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy