Latest and greatest version of ES/EES/40 day -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Latest and greatest version of ES/EES/40 day
A 05-08-22 09:07 PM - Post#919400    

• AAnnunz Said:

How would you guys feel about a 30/30 (or lightning rounds or ES) version, using trap bar or a pair of kettlebells/dumbbells -- total load 3/4 to 1 times bodyweight x 3 reps in 10 seconds, carry 20 seconds, rest 30 seconds, repeat for 15 rounds? Too much? Would certainly fill a lot of squares.

I view this stuff from a slightly different perspective. I look at the work/rest intervals and how that relates to what energy system you’re predominantly using.

Your uncles/cousins weren’t doing anything like metcons because you can’t get though a day of physical labour if you’re redlining with lactate in the first 15 minutes. They were getting through their day by staying out of lactic for the most part.

30/30 with a decent load is very lactic intensive. I would lighten the load and extend the duration of the work to make it more aerobic. Then rest between sets until you can breathe comfortably through your nose. When the time that takes starts to blow out you’re done.

At the moment I’m doing sets with a single KB of 8 one arm swings, 5 cleans, 3 presses, 8 front squats x left and right. One set is both sides and takes about 80-90 seconds. Much more aerobic than doing something like 2:1:3 clean/squat/press with double kbs.

The strong first guys would probably also make an argument for alactic stuff.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy