Weekly Training Goals vs Daily Workouts -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Weekly Training Goals vs Daily Workouts
A 01-03-22 05:29 PM - Post#915813    

• Jordan Derksen Said:

For the sake of illustration I'll keep it simple:
Lets say a basic one lift a day style was to be used with 5x5 rep scheme.
Monday - Press 5x5
Tuesday - Squat 5x5
Wednesday - Pullups 5x5
Thursday - Cleans 5x5
Friday - Dips 5x5
Saturday - Kroc Rows 1 x Max Reps each arm followed by farmers walk
Sunday - Off

I think your plan should work well. The exercises are chosen wisely, as you can do several of them in one day.
The only issue I have is with the clean. I don't think the clean works well done once per week or in a five by five set up. Cleans should be done between 1 to 3 reps and more than once per week. I suggest to do some form of deadlifting instead.

Since 2018 I have done several cycles of Marty Gallagher's powerlifting cycle doing the squat, bench press, deadlift and overhead press in one day. It always worked very well. One could just as well do one exercise each day. Strength training is somewhat like an accordion, that is you can stretch it and train six times a week or you can squeeze it and train as little as once per week (and obviously everything in between).

However, I still suggest to plan certain times for your training to avoid that 'whenever' becomes 'never'.

Best of luck.

Edited by MarlonLeon on 01-03-22 05:32 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy