A Dumb Idea -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: A Dumb Idea
A 12-17-20 08:13 PM - Post#905798    

Go for it! Go nuts before baby arrives. And really, having kids ain't the MASSIVE DEAL and ABSOLUTE END OF ENERGY FOR FUN STUFF some people might see it as. That's one view, sure, but to me it's garbage. Working, training and having little ones can show you a lot about yourself, just like going beyond what you "normally" do in just training can. Forget what the learned and life's tiresome safety seekers say . . .

Don't make freakin' sense for a while, just have at 'er for a spell and have fun with it.

Torture of sleep deprivation after having a newborn? What the hell is that. I really didn't notice it much. All three of those times were some of the most energetic periods in my life. Good Grief. I shudder to think how "organized" the average "same" person's life must be. YAWN. A lot of planning, yawning, and then death. Oh wait, did I forget worrying?

Sure, it's easy for me to laugh now, but just wait. I'll be on my deathbed saying, "I shoulda worried more and been happy less. Shoulda saved more, paid them bills right away and kept outta debt."
Reminds me of a quote . . . The day you die is just like any other
only shorter.

Hahaha . . . but what really surprised me the last while what with yer Covid is the overwhelming need folks carry around with them. You know, that need for there to be permanence and security in unchanging measure forever, even if there's not and never was. Really surprised me! I figured it would be a fine time to fess up to the oh-so-scary truth that there's no net and we're all waltzing about blind on a tightrope over a bottomless pit of, well, for want of a better word, nothing, all the while yammering on about the right way to brush our teeth and what to eat. 1 LOVE THE MADNESS IN THAT! And the way it's passed off as sane so easily! Reminds me of another quote . . . There is no such thing as paranoia. Your worst fears can come true at any moment.

Yikes!

Anyhows, what's the deal with saying Merry Christmas? When is it too soon?
I believe in my all knowing soul and, kaff-kaff. heart of hearts that it's an appropriate and generally accepted time right here and now, so

Merry Christmas!
Life's too short to worry about longevity.

Edited by Neander on 12-17-20 08:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy