Stuff That Works -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Stuff That Works
A 09-12-20 10:07 AM - Post#902321    

• iPood Said:

This!

I've been trying to come up with some version of the ten minute sets used in girevoy sport competitions, but I've almost given up.

Crawling for time is fine. Loaded carries for time is fine. But how are you supposed to do a ten minute set of squats, presses or pull ups?

The best I could come up with was... a modified The Eagle, or the Butt Burner (alternating movements might allow you to keep working for ten minutes straight. Maybe), DKBFS under a pull up bar followed by one pull up... you get the idea.

Or maybe I'm just trying to reinvent the wheel while I should be doing EMOM/Strength Aerobics. I don't know...

Crawling for time is great for this. Adding 30-60 seconds a week really adds up .

For other conventional gym based movements (eg the squat), you could technically base your increase in weight on whether or not you can complete proper repetitions for a given length of time, but that would lean it more towards Dr Mcguffs approach.
Not saying its right or wrong, just different.

Richard
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy