Crossfitters need to choose, I think. -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Crossfitters need to choose, I think.
A 06-10-20 02:35 AM - Post#898973    

• RupertC Said:
Great startup founders rarely make great CEOs once the business is established. A lot of the things you need to go from zero to one (contrarianism, combativeness, attitude) really don't help if you are trying to go from version 3.51 to version 3.60.

I think CF is an example of that. As iPood correctly said, CF is "a wonderful idea... very poorly executed." It is based around a great insight, particularly the emphasis on community fitness and being an all-rounder. It has developed a strong recognizable brand and the Games were a clever development.

We all know about the mistakes. CF needs much better structure for beginners; significantly more emphasis on safety and lifelong fitness; clear ways of distinguishing professionally run boxes from amateur outfits; much more professional development for affiliates; and less divisive branding. Is Glassman the right man to do that? Almost certainly not! I'm sure that if he decided to sell CF Inc before ruining the brand, private equity firms would be queuing around the block...

Combative founder of startup turned into multinational says something stupid, it blows up in his face and he is forced to resign to save his equity. It isn't the first example and it won't be the last!

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryancbrooks/c rossfit-ceo-founder-zoom- greg-glassman-george-floy ...
Check out my critical-thinking blog at sharpenyouraxe.substack.com

Edited by RupertC on 06-10-20 02:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy