Just using big plates -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Just using big plates
A 04-25-20 01:32 AM - Post#897288    

I sent an email through Dan's website, but thought others might benefit from this as I doubt many people have trained with just the big plates for a long period of time.

Years ago I read Dan talking about how some people would be better off throwing away all the small plates and just using the big plates. I honestly thought it was silly and ignored it. A few years later I saw it again and read a thread on this forum. I then decided to started training with just the 20kg and 10kg plates for the lower body.

I stuck with it for 4 or 5 years (I need to check) just working on increasing the reps I could do. I started with 120kg x 7 squat. Towards the end of last year I did a 230kg (507lbs) squat after 220kg flew up. I have also done 180kg x 10 and 200kg x 7. With the trap bar deadlift (low handle) I did 232kg (511lbs) x 7. The trap bar weighs 32kg.

I have only used the big plates for all but 4 or 5 training sessions.

Dan knows what he is talking about, and training doesn't need to be complicated.

NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy