Maffetone...and a clue -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Maffetone...and a clue
A 03-20-20 10:21 AM - Post#895853    

• Browser Said:
Not trying to pick an internet fight but it’s a pretty huge leap to say all carbs = garbage.

Sorry, I was maybe unclear. I don't think all carbs are garbage. But MOST carbs that MOST people eat are garbage, so people's diets tend to improve when they eat low carb, but because they're not eating a crap ton of sugar.

If you're already, as Dan would say, eating like an adult it probably makes much less of a difference and could be worse.

But most people aren't eating like adults, so changing to something closer is an improvement. This is a lot of the magic of most diets -if you go from eating the standard american diet to paleo or vegan or whatever, it's likely just going to eliminate a bunch of stuff.

For most people in the developed world, a good diet is a lot more about what you don't eat than what you do.

In my particular case, eating like an adult isn't enough, I actually do have to keep my carbs crazy low to keep my blood sugar under control
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy