Easy-ish Strength with Jim Wendler's 75% Volume Work -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Easy-ish Strength with Jim Wendler's 75% Volume Work
A 08-25-19 05:36 PM - Post#886786    

• blkjss Said:
The first work out is nice and reminded me how I wasn't (still isn't?) very good with "going by feel with the poundage and volume", like when I did the 40 Days Workout, starting too heavy, adding weight too quickly.

This is why in Kyle's Easy Strength, we stay strictly in the 60-80% range. So long as the 1RM test was good, capping it at 80% of that - the worst that happens is you end up doing 5 doubles, and the experience is so slow and not easy that you don't repeat it.

The hard floor of 60% stops you wussing out, and the hard ceiling of 80% stops you being a meathead.

• AAnnunz Said:

Several powerlifting gurus have jumped on the high volume with submaximal loads bandwagon in recent years.

That's because powerlifting has gone from being for a few drug-using talented guys in gear to involving a lot of drug-free untalented people lifting more-or-less raw. We now get more people at a local gym's novice meet than we used to get at a country's Nationals.

Drug-using talented guys wearing gear can handle a lot of 85+% training, drug-free untalented people lifting more-or-less raw cannot. The gurus have (some of them) learned from their experiences, and have learned to tailor their programming to more than their six buddies in the leaky shed where nobody ever cleans the toilet.
Athletic Club East
Strength in numbers

Edited by Kyle Aaron on 08-25-19 05:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy