Feedback on new program? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Feedback on new program?
A 06-27-19 09:25 AM - Post#883995    

Ok, I surrender. Snatches no can do. The window of space that I can lock out and not get sharp, burning pain is just too tiny. Inevitably there's a few reps that aren't exactly, precisely perfect and it lights up. Over time it's cumulative. Felt fine after session on Tuesday and all day yesterday, but this morning, snatch session, much more sensitive. I can do warm up sets w/ 12 kg no problem but as soon as I started w/ my current working weight of 16 kg, shoulder was noticeably worse. Soooooo, I did most of the 30 repeats using 7 reps of high pulls. The way I do them is swing all the way to float, then during the float, pull back hard as if trying to elbow someone behind me in the face, then punch it back out. That entire pull/push happens during the float and the bell starts to drop just about when my elbow is back fully extended. I'll know for sure after a few sessions, but so far that seems to be fine. If it isn't then I'll just go with swings. I like the high pull because it gives movement to upper back muscles and a bit more work than swings in same time period of just about 12-13 seconds.
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy