Squat Success on Even Easier Strength? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Squat Success on Even Easier Strength?
A 10-27-18 02:28 AM - Post#872704    

Hi Gentlemen,

I've been a lurker on here for years, and have learned much from many of you. Thank you.

I'm looking for examples of people who have seen appreciable increases in back squat strength during the EES/40-day program. In the past, I myself have seen great deadlift progress, and near-miraculous pull-up gains, even while dropping 10lbs on the program. At the same time, however, and surely thanks to the weight loss, my back squat dropped by 5%.

I know Dan John has said many times that squats don't work out well on this program. Personally I wonder if this is due to a greater potential for form creep in the squat - if it's just less structurally stable, or less "locked in" than the deadlift. Either way, I'm hoping to find counterexamples. I wouldn't bother if I hadn't read this great thread where the OP made respectable gains on his back squat.

I should note that I'm really only looking for people who'd already attained what you might call "intermediate" strength levels, i.e. a 300lb+ 1RM and beyond. Going from 185 to 225 is awesome, and laudable, but it's not as instructive for my purposes at the moment.

Disclaimer: I'll be starting the 40-day program again in a week, and am trying to decide how, and whether, to include back squats or experiment with power cleans. I love this program, and plan on training this way for many years.

So...any monstrous Easy Strength squatters out there?
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy