Which supplements are absolutely critical? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Which supplements are absolutely critical?
A 04-27-04 11:36 AM - Post#2035    

I'm no nutritionist, but since Glutamine is a naturally occurring amino, you'll get it to varying degrees no matter what. I've found that cycling works best with what the body doesn't have naturally, or only gets in miniscule doses.
Regarding supplements, I'm of the mind that a supplement means just that. It is not to become the basis of one's nutritional plan, nor should there be a blanket statement of what supplement plan everyone should follow.
I've experimented with supplements a lot, and found things that are great, things that work fairly well, and things that are just plain crap. That doesn't necessarily mean that they'll be crap for other people, though.
For example, I myself have a naturally high estrogen level for a guy. So, once I began taking an estrogen blocker, I noticed great results in strength gains and fat loss. However, for someone physiologically different from myself, an estrogen blocker might lead only to expensive urine.
I think that protein and a good multivitamin are essential for anyone. After that, supplements become more and more dependent on who's using them.
God's strength and blessings. Jason
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy