Which supplements are absolutely critical? -
davedraper.com home Home
This forum is closed as of March 2023.
Display Name Post: Which supplements are absolutely critical?
A 04-15-04 09:56 AM - Post#2011    

If you want to have muscle endurance than you will have to work on endurance, if you want muscle, you have to work on muscle, if you want to lose fat; you have to increase caloric burning. Multiple goals are difficult to do all at once. Prioritize one specific goal. Gain muscle will help decrease the fat; you already know that so endless aerobics will be a detriment. Increase your cardio sessions (HIIT is best) not necessarily the duration of each session, as this will eat vital muscle tissue. I would guess no longer than 20-25 minutes of HIIT max. You may have to start with 10-12 minutes of HIIT 3-4 times a week, then increase the duration gradually by 5 minutes. Something like this:

Weeks 1&2, 3 sessions of HIIT 10-12 min.
Weeks 3&4, 4 sessions of HIIT 10-12 min.
Weeks 5&6 4 sessions of HIIT 15 min.
Weeks 7&8, 4 sessions of HIIT 20 min.

Then see where you are. Test your endurance by doing an HIIT session (12 min) just prior to a strong woman practice event (exercise). I find in the strong man/woman competitions that most competitors have the skills and the strength but not the fuel. Increase cardiovascular fitness will get the oxygen to the muscles more efficiently.

I believe supplementation should be taken as needed not in anticipation. If someone is overweight, they can get a lot of energy already from the excess fat they have on their bodies. People do need vitamin supplementation as micronutrients do get depleted with exercise. Protein shakes, well if your fat you get fatter even you take protein shakes. Do you need pre and post shakes? Your call, but I would go with post and then work up to pre shakes. Food taken in liquid form will decrease metabolic rates eventually; try to eat more solid food, frequent meals throughout the day and perhaps a shake post workout. Rate of absorption for solid food prior to workout may give you what you need during the workout.

This is of course my opinion and based on personal observations.

Manor
aka SAVAGE/JDIDAN/Dan the Protein Man

You can't choose your parents however you can choose your lifestyle

Earn your supplements

The most important stack you can do are big plates.- Sweatn
NOTE: You are viewing an individual Post. View the Entire Topic

Home

What's New | Weekly Columns | Weight Training Tips
General Nutrition | Draper History | Mag Cover Shots | Magazine Articles | Bodybuilding Q&A | Bomber Talk | Workout FAQs
Privacy Policy